Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Arenal

I went to Arenal two weeks ago, so I decided that I should right about it. I know I keep saying things are amazing, incedible etc. but there's a reason for that. Arenal was by far the most beautiful place I have ever been.
The hotel where we stayed was rediculous. It's always a bit of a toss up when we're driving to our destination. Even though every place we've stayed has been really nice, I just always get a little worried. But when we pulled up to this hotel, I literally gasped. When we came, they had fresh fruit juice for each of us, and then we piled into the car to go see Arenal volcano. Although it wasn't erupting when we were there, there was smoke, so that was really cool.
I've already said that the hotel was beautiful, but I feel like I should explain. The gardens were incredible, and full of orchids, ginger, palms etc. Also, alsmost all of the pools and all of the hot tubs were fed by natural springs. There was also this big garden area where they had fenced in area for crocodiles, and a house for tropical frogs, butterflies and ants. And when I woke up the next morning, and stepped outside, I had an amazing view of the volcano.
That Saturday, we went horse back riding through the mountains. I discovered that I really like horse back riding; i even got to gallop. I don't know, it just felt kindof natural. Needless to say, the view continued to be breathtaking.
We also climbed down to a waterfall. We got to swim in the frigid pool of the waterfall. It was rocky and freezing and there were fish and it was absolutely amazing.
I should also mention the food at the hotel. I've posted my new and deep love of ceviche, and this place had the best ceviche I've had yet. I had it everyday I was there. All of the other food was delicious as well, but ceviche always deserves it's own sentence.
I should also note that something that really added to the trip was that my parents could share the experience with me. It was wonderful to see them, and I was so happy to be able to share this part of my life. Not to mention I missed them.
So, all in all, a really fantastic trip. Everyone should really come to Costa Rica at some point in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment