Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Estoy Quemada

So, I'm burned, but in the end, it was totally worth it. From Friday to Sunday I went on a paseo to Limon, and by paseo to Limon, I mean I spent three days at the beach. I mean, we did stop at Limon, but there's nothing much to say about it. The road that the hotel was on was kind of a backroad that was full of potholes, so we had to slow down about every 2 minutes. Every time we would slow down and somewhat close to a hotel, I would think "okay, this is it," and some of these places were not places I would feel comfortable staying in. After about a half an hour we arrived at the hotel. Oh my lands, was it beautiful. When you picture a hotel on the beach, this is the type of hotel you picture. There were big glass doors opening to a little personal deck, and a beautiful courtyard. It was less the a two minute walk to the Caribbian coast. Beautiful sand, clear water, reefs with octopus equal amazing.
There is a lot of wild life and exotic flora in the area. The hotel had a big bird full of about a hundred parakeets. There were plants there that you buy post cards of, and I got to see a few wild monkeys. I also got to hear wild howler monkeys, which kind of sound like loud gasping/yelling old men. By far though, the most exciting thing that happened though (at least with regards to wild life) was that I got to see a wild sloth. It was the only wild animal that I really wanted to see, and now I can check it off of my list. All in all, a successful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment